A BREIF REPORT
Monday, September 23, 2013
A BREIF REPORT ON MEETING WITH REVENUE SECRETARY
OUR VISIT TO DELHI DURING 10TH TO 12TH September, 2013 –
A BREIF REPORT
A BREIF REPORT
The highlight of the recent visit of the office bearers of this Association with Revenue Secretary and Hon’ble Chairperson of CBEC on 12/9/2013 at 4 p.m. and 5.30 p.m. respectively. The following points were taken up for discussion in accordance with a pre determined agenda:-
(1) Promotions to CAO:- In the face of vigorous persuasion of this Association, it was assured that one DPC for the years 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13 and 2013-14 is most likely to be held in very soon.
(2) All India Seniority list of A.O.:- DGHRD is updating the All India Seniority list of A.O. as on 31.12.2008 again. In this connection, the DGHRD has requested vide letter F.No.8/B/67/HRD(HRM)2011 dated 12.09.2013 to all Cadre Controlling Authorities to forward the seniority list of AO of their respective Zones.
(3) Recruitment Rule of A.O.:– It has been informed that Recruitment Rule of A.O. has been sent to the Law Ministry and presently lying for translation to Hindi, following which it will go for notification in the official Gazette.
(4) Pay Scales for A.O.: – It was pointed out by the leadership that Department of Expenditure is making certain submissions in the court of law through which they have acceded to the recommendation concerning parity between Headquarters organization and field formations like us. Board may take up the issue afresh with Department of Expenditure on the basis of their submissions before judicial fora. Revenue Secretary has been very kind to accept our request and directed to do the needful.
(5) Recruitment Rule of Inspector and age relaxation: - The Association vehemently argued for incorporation of a suitable clause in the new RR to protect the qualifying service i.e. – 2 years of present STAs & 10 years of TAs and Stenographers as well in terms of the DoPT’s guidelines. It was also requested to remove age bar together and extent their facilities even before notification of new RR. The Hon’ble Chairperson has been very kind to appreciate the Board for incorporation of a suitable provision for retention of the present qualifying service in the new RR and issued necessary direction to the concerned officers. On age relaxation also, the response was positive. We have submitted a separate representation seeking age relaxation even before notification of new RR.
(6) Cadre Restructuring:- The leadership pointed out that nothing has been conveyed to this Association on Cadre Restructuring proposals which has been altered many a times in the recent past. The Revenue Secretary advised to submit a representation on this issue. Subsequently, this Association was able to submit a representation with 4 tier structure of A.O. to the Revenue Secretary with a copy to Chairperson. The Cadre-restructuring file is still pending with Committees of Secretaries and once it is cleared it will be sent to Cabinet.
(7) 100% promotion to the grade of Inspector : This Association was able to submit a representation for 100% Promotion to the grade of Inspector in the ongoing Cadre Restructuring to the Revenue Secretary with a copy to Chairperson.
The leadership of this Association also pursued DGHRD officials for preparation of All India Seniority list of A.O. and an early date of the CAO DPC Besides we move around all the concerned administrative sections Ad.IIA & Ad.IIIB of CBEC and met the officials to pursue our issues, detailed above. Over all it was a pretty successful tour which has engendered some kind of optimism.
Tarun Kumar Seal Ashim Pramanik
Asstt. Secretary General President