It has come to notice that a Loksabha committee on subordinate legislation has sought points for discussion in the meeting with the representatives of employees union on 28.11.08 at Mumbai.
The following questionnaire has been forwarded by some of our colleagues:-
COMMITTEE ON SUBORDINATE LEGISLATION
LIST OF POINTS FOR DISCUSSION WITH THE REPRESENTATIVES OF EMPLOYEES UNION / ASSOCIATION OF THE CENTRAL EXCISE DEPARTMENT, MUMBAI, TO BE HELD ON 28-11-2008.
2. Have any representations been made by the employees Union / Association against the working of any particular rule / regulations? if so, please give details of the cases and responses received from CBEC/ Dept.
3. Have you come across any rules / regulations which are so worded that they were liable to be interpreted differently by different persons?. please give details of such cases, if any
4. Do any of the rules / regulations confer discretionary powers on any authority. if so, are there any cases of arbitrary exercise of such powers?
5. Is there any grievance redressel machinery in your organization? if, so are you satisfied with its functioning.
6. Is there any provision in the Rules / Regulations for holding consultation with the employees’ Union before arriving at a policy decision with regard to service matter of employees? If so, is it being strictly adhered to?
7. Is there any other matter / suggestion relating to rules and regulations which you may like to place before the Committee for their consideration.