Monday, December 2, 2013
Kindly find the All India Seniority List of Administrative Officers updated upto 31.12.2008, (click here to view) after making all necessary modifications as required to process the promotion for the post of Chief Accounts Officer. Kindly give a wide circulation of the list among the Administrative Officers and invite their representations, if any. Send them to DGHRD within the stipulated time. Otherwise send a no objection certificate from your Zonal Chief Commissioner, if representation/objection is received.
Kindly note that the next promotion for CAO can only take place once this list is finalized and reported as free from any objection. The Annual DPC 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13 and 2013-14 (upto 08th Aug, 2013) will be held by drawing eligibility list, prepared on the basis of this Seniority List.
The work is presently underway. All the zones are required to be pro-active and responsive to get the DPC done as early as possible. Otherwise we have to blame ourselves for the delay.
The new Recruitment Rule of CAO has been issued on 08th August of 2013. Therefore the promotion after that date will be on the basis of the new RR. There also the Seniority List will be also of vital importance. The expected increase in the strength of CAO can be filled up by promotion on the basis of this Seniority List as per new RR.
As far as regularization of Ad-hoc promotion in the aftermath of new RR of Administrative Officer on 03.102013, this Association has taken necessary steps. Board is being regularly pursued.
On Cadre Restructuring, we suggest to be little patient till the last minute. We are working tirelessly to derive maximum benefit for our cadres.Remain vigilant and alive.
Sudharsan Ashim Pramanick
Secretary General President
Friday, October 18, 2013
It is informed that the Recruitment Rules for the post of Administrative Officer, (Group “B” Posts)`2013 in CBEC have been notified.
Tuesday, October 8, 2013
The DGHRD, CBEC, New Delhi vide its letter dated 12.09.2013 has requested all the Cadre Controlling Authorities to forward the updated seniority list in the grade of Administrative Officer appointed (as on 31.12.2008) on regular basis to prepare the draft seniority list in the grade of Administrative Officers. Many Cadre Controlling zones have already forwarded the updated list. But few of the zones are yet to forward the requisite details to DGHRD.
As requested by this Association a reminder letter dated 04.10.2013 issued by ADG (HRM) on the above issue addressed to some of the Cadre Controlling Zones which are yet to forward the updated list is placed below.
It is requested that the zonal leaders / members of this association working in Cochin, Delhi, Lucknow, Mumbai-I, Nagpur and Vadodara pursue the issue immediately and ensure that the updated list reach DGHRD, New Delhi at the earliest in order to speed up the Chief Accounts Officer DPC.
Also a soft copy of the report may be sent by email to email@example.com.
Labels: CAO DPC
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Our Hon’ble Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh today approved the constitution of the 7th Pay Commission, which is likely to benefit at least 85 lakh central government employees and pensioners.
In a statement made by our Finance Minister P. Chidambaram today has expressed confidence that the 7th Pay Commission's recommendations are likely to be implemented with effect from January 1, 2016,"
He further added the chairperson and constituent members of the Pay Commission, as well as the terms of reference will be finalised and announced shortly.
Comrades, though we are still fighting before various tribunals and courts against the recommendations of the 6th Pay Commission pertaining to our Ministerial Cadre, let us hope we may succeed in our legal fight and derive the benefits to our members at the earliest.
Copy of the Dearness Allowance is posted below
Monday, September 23, 2013
OUR VISIT TO DELHI DURING 10TH TO 12TH September, 2013 –
A BREIF REPORT
A BREIF REPORT
The highlight of the recent visit of the office bearers of this Association with Revenue Secretary and Hon’ble Chairperson of CBEC on 12/9/2013 at 4 p.m. and 5.30 p.m. respectively. The following points were taken up for discussion in accordance with a pre determined agenda:-
(1) Promotions to CAO:- In the face of vigorous persuasion of this Association, it was assured that one DPC for the years 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13 and 2013-14 is most likely to be held in very soon.
(2) All India Seniority list of A.O.:- DGHRD is updating the All India Seniority list of A.O. as on 31.12.2008 again. In this connection, the DGHRD has requested vide letter F.No.8/B/67/HRD(HRM)2011 dated 12.09.2013 to all Cadre Controlling Authorities to forward the seniority list of AO of their respective Zones.
(3) Recruitment Rule of A.O.:– It has been informed that Recruitment Rule of A.O. has been sent to the Law Ministry and presently lying for translation to Hindi, following which it will go for notification in the official Gazette.
(4) Pay Scales for A.O.: – It was pointed out by the leadership that Department of Expenditure is making certain submissions in the court of law through which they have acceded to the recommendation concerning parity between Headquarters organization and field formations like us. Board may take up the issue afresh with Department of Expenditure on the basis of their submissions before judicial fora. Revenue Secretary has been very kind to accept our request and directed to do the needful.
(5) Recruitment Rule of Inspector and age relaxation: - The Association vehemently argued for incorporation of a suitable clause in the new RR to protect the qualifying service i.e. – 2 years of present STAs & 10 years of TAs and Stenographers as well in terms of the DoPT’s guidelines. It was also requested to remove age bar together and extent their facilities even before notification of new RR. The Hon’ble Chairperson has been very kind to appreciate the Board for incorporation of a suitable provision for retention of the present qualifying service in the new RR and issued necessary direction to the concerned officers. On age relaxation also, the response was positive. We have submitted a separate representation seeking age relaxation even before notification of new RR.
(6) Cadre Restructuring:- The leadership pointed out that nothing has been conveyed to this Association on Cadre Restructuring proposals which has been altered many a times in the recent past. The Revenue Secretary advised to submit a representation on this issue. Subsequently, this Association was able to submit a representation with 4 tier structure of A.O. to the Revenue Secretary with a copy to Chairperson. The Cadre-restructuring file is still pending with Committees of Secretaries and once it is cleared it will be sent to Cabinet.
(7) 100% promotion to the grade of Inspector : This Association was able to submit a representation for 100% Promotion to the grade of Inspector in the ongoing Cadre Restructuring to the Revenue Secretary with a copy to Chairperson.
The leadership of this Association also pursued DGHRD officials for preparation of All India Seniority list of A.O. and an early date of the CAO DPC Besides we move around all the concerned administrative sections Ad.IIA & Ad.IIIB of CBEC and met the officials to pursue our issues, detailed above. Over all it was a pretty successful tour which has engendered some kind of optimism.
Tarun Kumar Seal Ashim Pramanik
Asstt. Secretary General President
Saturday, September 14, 2013
It is informed that the Chief Accounts Officer, (Group “A” Posts) Recruitment Rules‘2013 have been notified.
Copy of the Recruitment Rules is posted below
Further it is informed that the Recruitment Rules for the post of Administrative Officer will be notified at the earliest.
The President along with Assistant Secretary General and Organizing Secretary met Revenue Secretary and Chairman on 12.09.2013 regarding various issues related to Ministerial Cadre. Details of the Delhi visit will be updated soon.
Sunday, July 28, 2013
Visit to New Delhi on 17.07.2013 and 18.07.2013
Following the visit of the Secretary General during the week from 08.07.2013 to 12.07.2013, I also visited Delhi to follow-up various issues, concerning our Cadre. Although, the promotion order of Chief Accounts Officer was issued on 28.06.2013 after a long wait, it was a case of “too little, too late”. This Association fully shares the sense of frustration, prevailing among the seniors Administrative Officers, who could not find their luck in this promotion order. As a natural consequence this Association gives top most priority to ensure that the next DPC (upto 2013-14) is held at the earliest. At the same time our await for Recruitment Rule of Administrative Officer and higher Grade Pay was still not over. Different zones were also reporting several complications in the matter of promotion to Inspector.
With the above background, I, along with Comrades of Hyderabad, Delhi and Kolkata, visited Delhi on 17.07.2013. We pursued rigorously at HRD to ensure the All- India Seniority list of Administrative Officers as on 01.01.2010 and 01.04.2010 is prepared quickly. We coordinated with different zones. By the time we left Delhi, reports were pending only from a few zones which are also expected shortly. I appeal to All the Administrative Officers to be little conscious and alive when it comes to sending reports to Board on our issues. For any difficulty, kindly contact us.
The Recruitment Rules of Administrative officers and Chief Accounts Officer have been approved by DoPT, UPSC and Law Ministry. Even the translation part is over. However, the notification is pending for 3 weeks or so for procedural reasons. Even, the file on up-gradation of Pay of Administrative Officer, appears to have not been sent to Department of Expenditure which was discussed with Member (P&V) on 15.05.2013. We tried our bit and submitted fresh representation on this front.
On 18th, we met Joint Secretary (Admin.) and conveyed our concerns and demands on all the above issues. He assured early action on the part of Board. Problems with promotions for Inspector, being experienced by zones like Bangalore/Chennai etc. were also discussed. He assured a suitable clarification to zones.
On Cadre Restructuring front it is gathered that the meeting of the committee of Secretary is yet to take place. However, the same is now expected to take place shortly. There is of course no reason to be over enthusiastic with ongoing Cadre Restructuring proposal as some more reduction of proposed strength may again take place before it reaches to Cabinet. The expected benefits of our cadre does not appear to be clear to us. We have to wait and do the needful at appropriate time.
I wish to take this opportunity to convey the deep commitment of this Association to strive relentlessly for well-beings of our members with due weightage to our senior colleagues. We can only succeed within a time frame, if our colleagues at the zonal level become a little bit proactive and responsive.
Friday, July 19, 2013
The undersigned along with the All India Office bearers and Zonal leaders from Nagpur, Madurai visited New Delhi to attend the Seniority Case in the Hon'ble Supreme Court. The office bearers also met the top officials of CBEC to take stock of the latest position on Recruitment Rules for the post of Inspector, Administrative Officer and Chief Accounts Officer.
The Office-bearers also met Deputy Secretary as well as Under Secretary AD-IIA and insisted that the next phase of DPCs to the grade of CAO i.e. for the year 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13 and 2013-14 may be conducted at the earliest. The Board has made some initiatives in this regard on our request.
A letter was submitted to Hon’ble Member(P&V) and Joint Secretary (Admn.) to dispense with the height criteria for the post of Inspectors.
Sunday, June 30, 2013
Please find attachment, copy of the Promotion and Posting Order to the grade of Chief Accounts Officer dated 28th June 2013.
Our All India Association wishes all the officers who have been promoted as CAO.
Saturday, June 22, 2013
Our association is glad to inform you that at last the DPC for promotion to the grade of Chief Accounts Officer for the years 2007-08, 2008-09 and 2009-10 had taken place at Mumbai today i.e. on 22.06.2013 (Saturday).
We would like to extend our sincere gratitude to Hon’ble Member (P&V) Smt. Shobha L. Chary. Without her consistent efforts and persuasion this DPC would not have taken place. We also extend our earnest gratitude to the people who are working in AD IIA section in our board office for convening this DPC.
Moreover, this association expresses its heartfelt wishes to all its former and present office-bearers for putting maximum efforts who were working tirelessly all these years without losing hope and confidence for convening the CAO DPC.
We also understand that around 30 serving Administrative Officers in the department will get promoted as Chief Accounts Officer in this DPC. We wish them all success. We are expecting that the promotion orders will be issued at the earliest.
The Recruitment Rules for the post of Administrative Officers and Chief Accounts Officer will be notified shortly as the Hindi translation is over. Now the Recruitment Rules will be sent for publication which is expected next week.
We would like to stress the fact that because of the continuous efforts of the association at last now we are able to taste the success. We request our zonal leaders/members to be grateful to the association and carry out the organizational activities with utmost sincerity for the welfare of our Ministerial cadre. We also assure our members that more successful news to the members is around the corner.